Design and Technology
DT subject lead
At Brunton we aim to develop creative, technical and practical skills through an engaging design and technology curriculum.
We teach the children to:
- Design purposeful products, make and evaluate them using their own initiative and think about how to improve them.
- Develop their practical skills such as cutting, shaping and joining using the appropriate tools.
- Investigate relevant designers and use them as inspiration
- Learn the basics of cooking, nutrition and a healthy lifestyle
- Talk about their likes and dislikes confidently
We encourage children to think like designers / engineers, be imaginative and decisive. As they progress through the school, our curriculum will enable them to become more confident and independent throughout the design and making process.